Joystick docking system at Tampa and Fort Lauderdale shows
Evinrude has announced that the company will embark on a series of summer test ride events to allow consumers the opportunity to try out its E-TEC G2 outboard engines.
With a schedule of 11 events in the United States and Canada, the test ride series are aimed at presenting the product line’s advantages to boaters.
Evinrude claims its E-TEC G2 models deliver up to 30 percent more torque, up to 15 percent better fuel efficiency, and up to 75 percent fewer total regulated emissions than leading four-stroke outboards. The E-TEC G2 models also feature a distinctive, customizable look that allows consumers to cosmetically match the engine to their boat.
The test ride event schedule includes:
- FLW Championship – Prosperity, SC, August 12-13
- Montreal Boat Show – Montreal, QC, September 8-10
- Tampa Bay Boat Show – Tampa, FL, September 8-11
- Metro Boat Show – Harrison Township, MI, September 14-17
- Bassmaster Angler of the Year – Garrison, MN, September 16-17
- Norwalk Boat Show – East Norwalk, CT, September 21-24
- Tobay Boat Show – Massapequa, NY, September 29-October 1
- Anglers in Action – Lake of The Ozarks, MO, October 7-8
- United States Power Boat Show – Annapolis, MD, October 12-14
- American Crappie National Championship – Lake of The Ozarks, MO, October 21
- Fort Lauderdale Boat Show – Fort Lauderdale, FL, November 1-5
At the Tampa and Fort Lauderdale Boat Shows Evinrude will also showcase its new iDock joystick docking system, making it available for test rides.
“We have broken new ground with the Evinrude E-TEC G2 engines,” said Olivier Pierini, Evinrude director of global marketing and strategic planning. “We can show you power curves and flow charts that prove our claims, but there is nothing like getting on a boat and throwing the throttle down. Our customers love the way that torque gets you up on a plane right away and the fuel efficiency is easy to see right there on the gauges. The best way to experience all that the Evinrude E-TEC G2 has to offer, is to come out and try it at any of our test ride events!”